Along with how scary they are, auto accidents are a debilitating experience. Not only do they take so much time and energy, but their symptoms are inherently inescapable. While some injuries are clear, many injuries resulting from a car accident seem invisible at first. Eventually, your neck starts feeling stiff after the initial chaos of the car accident subsides, or your tingling arm evolves into full-fledged pain.
The pain you experience after a car accident is extremely stressful and a major hinderence on your day-to-day life. Not only do you struggle to keep up with normal daily routines, but the pain seems to be getting worse and worse for months—or even years—after the car accident. If these injuries continue to be left untreated, they will continue to worsen until it becomes chronic (permanent) or until only a surgical procedure can fix it.
Regardless of how serious the car accident was, the smartest choice is to see a medical professional for a thorough screening specializing in auto accidents. If an underlying issue from your car accident goes untreated and continues to worsen, it may end up impacting your life.
Treatments for Auto Accidents
During your initial consultation, Dr. Adams will access the source of your pain and recommend a proper treatment plan. Whether the pain from your injuries involves joints, muscles, whiplash, or migraines, we have the expertise to properly treat you. A brief list of our most common treatments are:
- Ice/Cold Therapy reduces inflammation and helps control pain.
- Ultrasound Therapy or heat therapy, created by sound waves that penetrate deep into soft tissues and muscles. Ultrasound therapy for sciatica increases your circulation, reduces muscle spasms, swelling, stiffness, and pain related to sciatica.
- TENS unit (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) stimulates your muscles. The electrical current controls pain and reduces muscle spasms.
- Adjustments (Spinal Manipulation) Careful adjustments and spinal manipulation helps promote improved movement of your spine and realigns your vertebrae to their proper position. The chiropractic spinal adjustments and alignments reduces sciatica nerve pain, inflammation, and any muscle spasms. If you’re wondering about pain, adjustments and alignments are not painful. In fact, chiropractic spinal manipulation is proven to be a safe and effective treatment for sciatica and sciatic pain.
- Monday8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Tuesday8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Wednesday8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Thursday8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Friday8:00 AM - 5:00 PM